Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 61.7 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 20.6%
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below (please note our staff numbers have increased by 33% over the period 2019 to 2022) :
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2019 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 2.8 tCO2e, a 3.5%ge reduction against the 2019 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract. This reduction has been achieved despite a 33% increase in the number of staff and business activity over the same period. CO2 emissions per employee have fallen from 2.5 tonnes to 1.9 tonnes over the three-year period, a reduction of 24%.
Completed cardon reduction projects include:
- Recycling of both Nuvoli and customer mobile devices
- A move to home-working where appropriate
- Introduction of four way recycle bins
- Reduction of business travel and move to remote meetings wherever possible
- Cycle to work programme introduces
- Purpose build new office completed to highest possible energy rating (A)
- Updated customer inventory reporting minimises connected devices in service
- Briefly provide details of some of your completed carbon reduction projects. This is for information only.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Installation of solar panels at both offices
- Partnering with Ecologi to help us more accurately measure our carbon emissions and engaging in carbon offset activities
- Fitting of EV chargers to encourage staff to transition to EVs
- Tree planting programme on our own land
- Plan to move to 100% recycled packaging
- Aim to reduce packaging use by 50% by re-using and more efficient packaging/delivery
- Work with customers to reduce printed output (eg by using emailed rather than printed guide) and utilise personal printing accounts to increase awareness
- Introduction of annual staff survey to measure engagement and help us understand changes in behaviour
- Choosing renewable tariffs for our office energy
- Reducing average number of miles travelled per person through car sharing initiatives and virtual meeting tools.
- Digitally led marketing collateral.
- Sustainably sourced paper stock and merchandise.
- Motion detection lighting and boiling water taps in new offices to reduce energy and water use.